Monday, January 4, 2010

Erica and Justin

This was a great wedding I shot a couple of months ago BUT never blogged it which is ironic because it’s some of my favorite photojournalistic work of the year! Erica and Justin were a fun couple to work with, they both live in Dallas and were married in San Antonio. Funny they both went to elementary school together in San Antonio but didn’t start dating until they found each other in Dallas. The church they were married in was amazing and I’m not over stating that, if they film a movie in San Antonio and needed a church THIS would be that church... oh and the reception rocked as well!


***Click on any of the images to see a larger version***


I could start off by saying this is one of my favorites (which it is) but I really liked/loved all the ones on this post for different reasons. I liked this one because the lighting was great, the action, the way Erica's hair fell to one side and the people in it. It's mom and little sister/maid of honor helping the bride-to-be.

This is a little more "standard" shot, it's a great point of view to slide out into the middle of the isle during the ceremony but the composition and light were good.

Great light all over this church (serious it's movie quality!) and I like the fact I was able to get in front of the couple, which is tough to do regardless if the ceremony is inside or outside.

I liked the action and expression in this one.

OK you got me this one is posed but I'm a sucker for wood doors.

This one wasn't posed, I forgot what we were waiting for but it's funny how a random moment will produce some of the best images.

Little sister again, the reception was downtown and no where for the limo to park. This is our lovely maid of honor waiting on the street corner with snacks in hand for the newly married couple (they were starving).

Down on the dance floor.

No idea who this dude was and I pretty sure this is the only pic I got of him.

I'm guessing Justin was tired of me by the end of the night popping out from behind the potted plants and surprising him.


Sisters on the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment