Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Poor Mistreated Children

They say preacher's kids have it tougher than regular kids growing up, but what about the children of a photographer? Sure they look happy in all their pictures, but I wonder if deep-down inside they are screaming, “Dad put down the camera and just let us go play!”
For the record, I rarely ever pose my (or other people's) kids. I like to capture them in action and let their true personalities shine through; BUT these are bluebonnets for crying out loud! I can’t have my kids just romping around in a field of bluebonnets; 1) I understand it’s a life term in prison for destroying the coveted state treasure 2) we were WAY out in the country (Mason, TX) and God only knows what was lurking 10 feet in the middle of that patch.


Laser focus here on the grandmother, just off to the right of the camera if you couldn't tell.


Cole is usually pretty cooperative when I whip out the camera, lights and reflectors... not this day.


Caleb on the other hand is the one that usually takes a bit of coaxing if you're after a certain look but when we shot this he was on! I think it was three frames and done (and they were all good images!).


Emma Grace was in the zone, EVERYTHING she did was cute... she was unstoppable.

Notice the state treasure in here right hand? Fortunately she's a minor and I'm hoping the local authorities will take it easy on her.

2 comments:

  1. All of them are just too cute! Emma Grace couldn't help but be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! They are ADORABLE! They are all the perfect mix of you and Elyse. Brent is a big photography buff, as well. Keep taking those great shots and thanks for sharing this site!

    Ellianne

    ReplyDelete